Theatre Practitioner (Anaesthetics & Recovery) - London
United Kingdom / Code: 1954
Apply for this job
Our client is a leading private hospital group, providing independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatres department in London.
Candidates must be a Practitioner with either NMC or HCPC Registration and have previous nursing experience in an acute hospital setting.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs.
Salary & Benefits:
Our client offers a salary of up to £36,500 and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Healthcare Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
Apply for this job