United Kingdom / Code: 1523Apply for this job
Main task: Working in a team of caring staff in identifying and endeavouring to meet the needs of each resident in a way that respects their dignity and promotes choice and independence.
Our client offers a competitive salary, excellent training packages alongside additional benefits.
For our client, a private health care provider in the Leicestershire area, we are looking for:
/ / Care Assistants
You must strive to provide skilled and person centred care to each resident. This includes:
· Following and contributing to care plans
· Assisting residents who need help with aspects of their personal care e.g. washing, dressing, toileting, feeding etc...whilst ensuring their optimum independence, dignity and respect
· Regularly attend to residents with reduced continence control, toileting, cleaning and changing continence pads and removing wet or soiled clothing to ensure the resident remains comfortable and the risk of skin deterioration is reduced and monitored.
· Assisting residents who need help with mobility and use aids such hoists safely and in line with company policy
· For less active and frail residents, particularly turning and moving to reduce the risk of development of pressure sores, as requested by the person in charge.
· Carrying out and involving residents in activities on a daily basis. Any 1 to 1 activities should be documented in their daily entries. Residents should be helped to develop and maintain their hobbies, interests and social skills
· Assist residents to dining room at meal times, communal areas during activities and to the privacy of their rooms when they request
· Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and carrying out all reasonable work instructions promptly.
· Carrying out household tasks such as maintaining the general cleanliness and tidiness of the home including residents' rooms. The lounge, music room and corridors should always be clean and all spillages should be cleaned immediately. Armchairs, cushions and the dining room need to be cleaned throughout the day especially after meal times
· Ensure bedrooms are kept tidy, pleasant and comfortable by making beds, regularly changing bed lines and emptying commodes.
· Responsible for regular cleaning of equipment involved in personal care of residents including wheelchairs and commodes.
· Acting as key worker to residents allocated to you and following the key worker procedure
· To attend staff meetings, supervisions, appraisals and participating in training and completing training quizzes within 5 working days of each course
· Devote time to studying and training in your own time
· Practice safe systems of work and follow the Health and Safety policy of the home at all times. This can be assisted by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and other staff.
· To be clearly aware of the fire procedures and be familiar with firefighting equipment
· Covering the absence of colleagues during periods of annual leave and sickness
· Identifying and discussing care needs with residents and other staff by bringing to the attention of senior staff any inadequacies which may be detrimental to residents' welfare
· Ensuring all documentation is complete including food and fluid charts, turn charts, hourly care charts etc...
· Following the advice given by external professionals such as G.P, district and tissue viability nurses, physio etc...
· Abide by company policy and procedure
Good level of English
Previous experience working in a care environment
Luxemburg (LUX) | Eindhoven (NL) | Southampton (UK) | Madrid (ESP) | Budapest (UNG) | Bucharest (RO) | Sofia (BG) | Brussels (BEL) | Warsaw (PL) | Düsseldorf (DE) | Braga (POR) | Athens (GRE) | Nicosia (ZYP) | Kiev (UKR)