The job activities
- Diagnose, adjust, repair or overhaul equipment
- Apply electrical, electronically, hydraulically and mechanical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational electrical machinery and electrical control, electronically control equipment and circuitry, hydraulically circuits and components, mechanical equipment.
- Keep work areas clean and orderly, and promote safety regulations and all other company programs.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) spares and OEM repaired parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machines.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using relevant measuring devices.
- Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Service Technicians are also responsible for maintenance record keeping as they invoice all their maintenance work back to the client, including part lists, time spent
- Ability to work at heights, with significant physical effort involved.
- Demonstrated initiative to visualise, organise, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Represent the company always convincing and poised.
- Negotiating and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Assist the company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Exact and precise working.
- Ability to work overtime as well as on weekends or standby duty.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and passport at all times.
- Self-motivated behaviour (specifically in stressful situations).
The top candidate will hold a electro-mechanical qualification. Qualifications must be at least at Technician level, but engineers with appropriate qualifications who are willing and experienced working in this field are welcome to apply. This is however a hands-on maintenance position.
VCA Vol Diploma completed or to be completed within 6 months after appointment.
Our client is looking for an experienced, five years or more after completing their qualifications. Experience with maintenance on harbour mobile cranes, reach stacker, ship cranes, offshore cranes and construction machinery such as duty cycle crawler cranes, crawler cranes and foundation equipment or similar machines. It should include the following:
- Experience with electrical, mechanical and hydraulically fault finding.
- Experience with control systems.
- Experience with part lists, and technical administrative record keeping.
- Fluency in English is not negotiable. Dutch or German is an advantage.
- No shift work is required.
- Service Technician performs a standby service every six weeks.
The regular working hours are set at 38.75 hours per week.
Employees are entitled to 25 days leave per annum.
Training and Onboarding
New employees will always work with an experienced Service Technician for the first six to twelve months. Also, they will attend formal training on maintaining the organisation's equipment.