As an experienced Project Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Working on one/two consecutive projects– site based.
- Co-ordinating the structural steel package from initial concept stage through the construction and completion phases.
- Management and supervision of site team, engineers and commercial team’s, reporting directly to the Contracts Manager.
- Management of subcontractor selection and on-site progress
- Monitoring working practices including the implementation of risk control measures.
- Managing the activities of KSSL employees and sub-contractors to ensure works are carried out safely and in accordance with quality specifications.
- Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Ensure Senior Management are keep updated with site progress and commercial issues
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
- To ensure that a robust system of site records for all labor, plant, materials, etc are kept as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract works.
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
- Actively participate in site project meetings and ensure that all commercial matters are discussed and problems investigated and resolved
- Involvement in job procurement and future expansion within the UK market
- Comply with company procedures with respect to reporting safety, quality, schedule and cost related issues.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience within the construction industry, structural steel experience being a distinct advantage.
- Preferably a Degree qualified in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering or equivalent engineering qualification.
- Previous Project Management experience preferable.
- Experience in a wide variety of contracts, within the residential and industrial sector
- The ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects under stringent time, quality and budgetary constraints
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and drawings
- Detailed working knowledge and experience in technical elements of structural steel fabrication and erection a distinct advantage.
- A conscientious and a self-disciplined approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners
- Driven and dynamic approach with long term career development focus
- Competent working knowledge of Microsoft project, Navisworks, Excel, AutoCAD